Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Saturday Rant

So, my first experiences with selling a few things on Kijiji were quite good. A 27" TV, a 14" TV, my Ikea TV cabinet. All sold for basically my wanted price, all to nice people that showed up when they said they would, all within 3-5 days. Nice.

Then DBF put up a few things. His flat panel monitor sold easily for asking price within a day or two. No surprises there. His car stereo equipment has been a tougher sell but that's more because he needs a knowledgable buyer, not just anyone is going to buy it up. No worries though, we knew that might be tougher.

Now, I'm trying to sell a good WHITE fridge and stove. You would think that these would be highly sought after. They are white, they are modern, they are reasonably priced. Especially here in cottage country where so many people seem to be looking for stuff for their family cabins. But good God, it's been the biggest pain.

People email, ask a bunch of questions, say they are "very interested", then either offer some ridiculous lowball price without even seeing the items....or....never get back to me....or....tell me they are coming and don't show up. (Ya, this lady emailed me like 4 times saying how badly she wanted these and how they would rent a truck and be here this morning and blah, blah, blah....only to not freaking show up!!!) What is it with people?

Everyone wants something for nothing. It's annoying.

And that's my rant for today.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

Oh, you have a white fridge for sale? I want it! I'll be there in the morning to pick it up!
*g*

Lady J said...

Noooo, don't let him have it cause I reeeeallly want it and I'll even pay you $5 extra for it. Can you hang on to it for 2 weeks till I get paid? Oh ya, do you have a truck so you can deliver it to me?

'bigger g'