So yesterday morning when leaving the gym, I was stuck in construction in traffic. It was taking forever and I could see the flagpeople yelling at each other so I rolled my windows down to see if I could hear what the hold up was.
Pushed the button for the passenger window and heard a "click" "click" "drag" "scrape". Crap. Pushed the button again and the window slid for about a half second, then dropped. Yup. Bonk. Right into the door.
Ugh.
I knew that a clip or something had snapped, but tried pushing the "up" button anyway. Nothing.
Ugh some more.
Thankfully it wasn't raining....yet. So I drove it home and called in to the shop. He had me bring it in and sent me home in a cab and I told them just to keep it overnight because I didn't want to have to go back for it in the afternoon.
But he called me at 3:30 to tell me it was done anyway. I braced myself for being told it was some golden $4 kajillion dollar part and like a thousand hours labor. I mean that just seems to be the way, right? But noooooooooooo....instead he tells me that it was covered under a warranty extension! And since they did the one, they did the driver's side too. All no charge.
Yippeeeee!
For a minute there I saw the funds for my fabulous new LCD TV for the bedroom going out the window....
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
um LOTS of people love you!!! In this case the right people did too!!!!
That is AWESOME! YAY for warranty and YAY for LCD tvs!!!
Wow! That is amazing. Love when something like that happens.
wow that is really awesome that it was covered. what a nice surprise. :)
Post a Comment