This actually works!
For some reason, a brand new bag of brown sugar from the cupboard came out stale. Not hard as a rock, but stiff and crunchy. Then, after using it once I forgot to put the bag away...so of course by morning it was pretty solid.
I read somewhere that if you put an apple slice in with it, it will help soften it up.
Well, I'll be damned if it didn't work like a charm! I put a slice in the bag and sealed it up and left it overnight and sure enough the top half of the bag was just like new. So I scooped out the apple (and the bits of crystalized sugar around it) and poured the fresh stuff into a sealed container....then repeated the action with a new apple slice in the bottom half of the bag.
Genius!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
that is so cool. yay.
amazing haha.
lol...love it!
That sounds like a tasty piece of apple!
a slice of bread works also
what my favorite thing is this little reddish teddy bear (not sure whats with the bear) shaped thing found at Stokes. you just pop it into your brown sugar container and it keeps it moist.
best $3 spent!!!
i've seen those little bear things too but never bought one. good to know they really work. if you transfer your brown sugar into an air tight container as soon as you get it home it also stays fresh for damned near ever, without adding anything to it. ;o))
Mom, I seem to recall that your "airtight" container of brown sugar doesn't work!!
The ceramic teddybear thingamagig works great. You just have to soak it in water for 10 minutes first. I do this in an airtight container because if the container is too large (or sugar almost gone) the air inside is enough to dry out the sugar. BTW...demerara sugar is the best brown sugar ever.
Post a Comment