Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hockey Night in Halifax

OK, so I should probably duck and cover under the table before I write this, because I'm sure my BC friends are going to be appalled.....but....

GO HABS GO!

Since the move I haven't watched any hockey. With the time difference it's pretty much impossible to find a Canucks game at a decent time...and honestly I just wasn't into it this season. Probably because Canucks games can get a little boring at times (ducking!). I had to give up tickets to three live games this year because of the move, so maybe that had something to do with my lack of interest.

Now, out here on the East Coast, it seems there is a more lively hockey scene (probably due to the fact that there's actually snow and ice here!) and people are either Montreal fans or Boston fans. Until the playoffs I hadn't really thought about it.

DBF is a Montreal fan, and has been ever since the Winnipeg Jets left.

Anyway...having round one of the playoffs between the two teams has made it more interesting to pay attention. And since DBF likes Montreal anyway, I thought I'd give a game a watch and see how it was. Well let me tell you....this is some of the best hockey I've watched in a couple of years. The two teams actually want it so bad, they actually play the game!

Watching Game 7 last night, I was on the edge of my seat and actually yelled out loud each time Montreal scored (and yes, I was home alone!). I haven't reacted to a game like that in a long time, and honestly I don't know if I EVER reacted like that to a Canucks game (on TV anyway). Their leading line-up is fantastic, and their young goalie really played like a veteran.

I still feel bad for the Canucks getting beat out so close to the playoffs, but it's just like every other year where they seem to lose their cool and let it slip away. So, since I'm out here with a bunch of Habs fans anyway, I think I'll stay on their bandwagon (see I fully it admit it's a bandwagon!) and enjoy watching some actual hockey being played. GO HABS GO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a Habs fan is a religion in our family...so I'm totally with you. It's a whole different caliber of hockey when you watch the Canadiens.

Go Les Habitants!

marie said...

Sweetie - imagine being a habs fan in TO.

Go habs :)