First, a shout out to Mom, Mikey and Jamie for their super generous donations!! Thanks you guys! What a way to start out!
Tonight, a few of our team members went to the introductory meeting for the Relay. We picked up our t-shirts (which I am happy to say are not hideous!) and additional pledge forms and such. The volunteer co-ordinators were there and very gung-ho...and there was a representative from the Canadian Cancer Society who I must say I was very impressed with. Everyone was really excited and very nice and offered any help we might need. Seems like even though we are a smaller community, we are having an excellent turn out this year. Last year they had 12 teams...this year we've already passed 25 teams. Nice!
I sort of get the impression that I'm a little more into this than the rest of my team. Maybe I take it more personally. I'll have to ask them each why they are doing it. Everyone has their own reasons I'm sure. I will have to really rally around everyone and get them as excited as I am!
They treat this as a very community event. The local high school has really stepped in this year and several community businesses are donating food and services. They are encouraging the teams to really get together and get to know each other while we are there overnight. They are bringing in as much entertainment as they can (although there is no drinking....). It's going to be a little different than the 24-hour relays I saw in Victoria, but a good different. A different that will make a difference I think.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure your Grandma and your Dad are looking down and very proud of you for doing this!
Keep posting the link to your donation site on your blog and I'm sure more people will jump on board soon.
Love you xoxo
Post a Comment