Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vegas - Friday

Thursday night's shower was the most gloriously needed shower ever. However, I went to bed with wet hair so I had to get up a bit early Friday morning to take care of the mess I had created. Thankfully, the exhibit hall opened half an hour later than Thursday so I had a bit of extra time. I went with curling my hair since it was already on it's way in that direction...my boss referred to it as my "take a second look, look". All good.

Nice short day at the booth. Yummy continental breaky buffet again...good croissants and lots of fresh fruit. Too bad the coffee was pretty weak. The Friday is always quieter because a lot of the attendees had late nights and really just come in for the specific seminars they want to see. We did have a few people drop by the booth though, so there was a bit of good business. We are a lot better known now after a few years of these things so it's nice to have the attorneys come looking for us.

We were able to start taking our booth down around 1:30 or so, and were basically all packed up by about 2:00. We opted for lunch out in the poolside cafe, which was fab because the biggest thing about Vegas is that you really can miss out on being outside. Mostly we'd gone from hotel to hotel in cabs, and that was it up til then. We were there for a few hours eating, and just enjoying the outside while we discussed a lot of what happened and what was learned. We have to take advantage of us all being in one spot while we can!

Then back to the Circus for a bit of a relax, another shower, and getting ready for dinner. The bosses had promised us a good dinner out, and chose a steakhouse on the Strip called Smith & Wollensky. It's one of those a la carte places, and it's really all about the beef! It was a great meal, and we even managed not to talk about work the whole time! Hard to do with three very driven businessmen at the table. :)

After dinner, we definitely needed to do some walking so we started heading up the Strip of course. I convinced the guys to wander through Paris because it's one of my favorites to walk through. I just love how the legs of the Tower are built right into the casino inside. So very Vegas, but I love it! We even stopped at the Piano Bar for a while, and all I could think the whole time is how much DBF would love it...the pianists are hilarious and know pretty much whatever song you give them. You haven't lived until you've heard a cabaret pianist do Billy Idol. (and those guys make serious dough...every time someone had a request, or a request to stop singing a shitty song, they got $20...we saw about $300 exchange hands in the hour we were there...nutty.)

Then on up the Strip some more. I kept getting my heels stuck in the cracks in the sidewalk. My one boss thought it was pretty funny. I really had to watch where I was going!

We then landed up at Treasure Island. We considered going into the club, but it was more Kristoff's scene than mine or the bosses, so we opted to sit at one of the bars for a drink, then that was it. Walked a little further over to the Wynn so we'd be on the right side of the road for a cab back to the Circus. My poor tired body and my poor feet were happy to get into that cab.

In bed by about 1am and out like a light immediately.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I seriously need to go back!! I never walked through paris...only through Ballys to get from the monorail to the Bellagio...bah!!!

Hopefully you and DBF can make the trip together soon!!

tash said...

I just realized that I have no real idea what you do for a living!

Your Vegas trip sounds like you had a lot of fun!