Since I got us a fab new lawn mower this year, I put our old hokey one out at the curb for $25 and someone bought it before the sun went down. Nice.
The weather has been crisp and clear and even sunny, so I've been taking walks around the neighborhood and noticed that a lot of folks already have pumpkins and Autumn decor on their porches so I decided to join in too. I picked out a festive wreath from Michaels and spruced it up with some extra leafy garland, repotted a chrysanthemum into the flower pot on our porch (with some cute scarecrows), and picked out three good sized pumpkins that I can carve closer to Halloween.


I still wish I'd been able to paint the porch this Summer, but funny how the weather disagreed when the timing was right and now that the timing is wrong the weather is dryer. Oh well. Next Spring I'm on it.
While I was on a roll with the Autumn decor outside I decided to make myself a quick centerpiece inside too. A few glazed gourds, a yummy pie smelling candle, and some leftover leafy garland...et voila, cozy festivity for the coffee table.
When I get back from my work trip to Vegas next weekend, I'll start adding some spookier Halloween decorations. I see some ghosts, spiders and black cats...maybe some lights...and definitely some creative jack-o-lanterns. I'm so excited to finally live in a house in a neighborhood with lots of kids to trick-or-treat. Boo!
2 comments:
I love the decorations! I just spent like an hour in Dollarama getting stuff together for my party...:).
I love all the Autumn decorating, especially those scarecrows! :)
Post a Comment