Today DBF is leaving to go visit his boy in Winnipeg for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately it still hasn't worked out for me to go with him and meet his little man, but we're working on it. It's actually harder now that we've moved, because now I want my vacation time for visiting my family and friends back home. A compromise will have to made at some point...just not this time.
He's looking forward to taking part in a major childhood milestone...the boy's first bike!
Our friend Mark was asking me last night what my plans are while DBF is away, and my answer was NOTHING. LOL. Well, actually I said "sitting on the couch in my undies watching reality TV"...but I only plan to do that once or twice. :)
I actually plan to do the opposite of nothing. I have started a MASSIVE to-do list. I have several goals for the next couple of months, and a few things that need to be done in the next week or so. DBF's sailing schedule is nutty for the next three months, so I figure I'll do as much as I can while I'm here on my own...so that when he does have time off it's not consumed with chores. He can work on the few bigger projects (like the stairs off the back deck) and I can deal with organizing and sorting and decorating. At some point this Summer we need to have a garage sale, so keeping things organized for that will be important. It would be nice to actually be able to use our garage for more than storage too, so I'll be chipping away at that each weekend now that the weather is more agreeable.
We have a few big ticket items that need to be sold too....some furniture, some appliances, etc...so if I can make those easily accesible that can be something else easily dealt with when he's home for a few days. The internet will be our friend on those things.
When we moved in, the movers dumped a lot of stuff in the garage...in the storage room...in the furnace room...and in the spare room. Most of which needs to be rearranged and moved around for proper storage. It would be nice if all of the Christmas decorations were in one place...and maybe the camping gear was all in one room. Makes sense to me, but apparently not to the movers. And honestly there is a lot of crap that we probably should have gotten rid of, but the move was so hectic it was easier just to bring it.
This week's main goal will be to finally organize all of my paperwork and get my taxes done. It's amazing how every year I say I'll get them done earlier, but inevitably I end up racing to get them done at the end of the month. I do have my own new file cabinet now, with folders for each month of the year...so at least next year I won't have to spend a week sorting and entering all of my expenses into a spreadsheet. I plan to do them monthly....mhmmmmmmmm.
You would think I would be used to DBF going away by now, but I'm not. I'll miss him. Boooo. :(
Friday, April 18, 2008
And away he goes....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I never thought you would be used to him being away! I can imagine it's lonely everytime!
Sorry to hear he's gone again, that must be hard on you.
At least you have a plan to catch up on organizing the house/paperwork.
Post a Comment