Friday, July 25, 2008

Reminiscing

On Wednesday evening, one of DBF's buddies from back in Winnipeg dropped by with his family for a visit. The boys haven't seen each other in years so it was a good old time looking at photos, drinking, chatting and just plain old having fun.


He came with his wife, their two kids and a niece. We started the visit by plunking the kids in front of a DVD (haha...but they were happy with this as they had been driving squished in the SUV all day). Us adults just got to relax with some snacks and a drink. Nice.

Of course the boys got a few beers in them and got on a roll with the stories about the old times. Then they got out the photo albums and we all got to see them with their glorious late teens/early 20s hair and bicycle shorts. Oh my, how styles have changed! LOL.

We did some BBQ. Some more chatting. More movies for the kids. More drinks of course.

Around midnight we finally put the kids to bed....and just as they did that DBF took the chance to demonstrate our stereo's capabilities. So freaking loud...I had to leave the room. haha. Then off with that, down with the kids, and a bit more relaxation time for the adults. His wife decided to go to bed shortly after that, and although I was finding it really entertaining listening to the boys, I decided to head off to bed around 1am (as they were starting in on talking about war and cars and boy stuff!).

I read my book for a while because they still had the stereo on. When I heard the stereo go off, I decided to go to sleep...but just as I was dozing off, they turned it on again. This happened a couple of times....on, off, doze, on, off, doze. Then DBF had his guitar out....so no more dozing for a bit.

I must have finally dozed off around 3:15, but then DBF came to bed at 3:30...and tossed and turned, tossed and turned....got up, tripped over dog...laid down, tossed and turned some more. Then I guess we both fell asleep.

Until 5:30 when the alarm started going off. And he didn't hear it, so I kept snoozing it. Until 6:45.

Moral of the story. We really need to plan more than 12 hours for these good old buddy visits. I'm getting too old for the all nighters. haha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very patient woman. I would have been out there ripping the wires from the speakers!

Did Arron happen to leave his sunglasses behind? If so, they should have an unfortunate accident.

Lady J said...

good one Jamie, sunglasses... accident... yes!!

Jaime said...

haha, normally I would be down there giving him shit...but this was a once every 10 years sort of reunion so I let it slide.

there are two pairs of those glasses...so even if one died, the other would live on.

oh, and i bought him one of them. :)