Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

DBF got home on Friday...finally! Yaaaaieeeee!

I had waited for him to return so we could decorate our Christmas tree as this is one of his favorite Christmas traditions. We decided to buy a bunch of new decorations this year so we'd have something to call "ours", as opposed to "his stuff" and "her stuff" mashed together trying to make a semblence of something cohesive. So Saturday morning we set out to do just that...get our new decorations.

Thankfully it wasn't near as painful as we thought it might be. You know, shopping on one of the busiest shopping days of the year...with a hundred bazillion other people...after the shelves had already been seriously picked through. Not so bad, really. Whew.

We brought home our loot and decided to wait until it started to get dark before embarking on the actual decorating. DBF put together a CD of holiday tunes while I sifted through our existing ornaments to see what we could still use. Turns out a lot more of his stuff matched our new theme and a lot of mine was mismatched from too many years of collecting a lot of crap. In the end, I even ended up deciding that even though it was my turn to put my angel topper on the tree his Santa looked better. She's too silvery for the gold and red theme, so instead she earned herself a spot as a tabletop decoration.

DBF took on the task of putting the tree together (I helped fluff!) and stringing the lights (the most monotonous part) before it got dark in the room. Oh, I put on the beaded garland though (with some help as I got tangled around the base...lol). Then we put on our festive tunes, poured some wine and got to decorating. We were worried that we might not have enough new stuff, but with our new red bows the tree filled out nicely. (Now, if only my camera took decent night time shots...booo to the blurry!)

7 comments:

Jen said...

Aw!! It's beautiful!!!!

I got the urge to put mine up LAST weekend (the end of November...don't know why I haven't posted a pic yet!!)

I like that your angel got a place on the table!!! Mine doesn't even light up anymore...I don't know what happened to her...maybe she is getting old!!

Does Stoopy love your tree??? Nico (the kitten) LOVES the tree and he smooshes all the branches that I fluffed to perfection!!!

Jaime said...

Stoopy doesn't even notice the tree. Even when he was younger he didn't much care...occasionally would play with a dangly ornament but that was about it. Now he doesn't frequent the living room too often and doubt he'd care about it even if he did. Grumpy old fart. :)

eurydice said...

I love your tree - so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Stoopy isn't grumpy - he's just particular! He loves his jammy string!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you see our pathetic little fake tree...

tash said...

The tree looks fantastic!

Heather said...

beautiful...gotta get me some decorations...lol