I know, I have gotten bad about keeping this blog up to date. Not a lot to report as often, and then when there is I put it off and it becomes old news. But here I am!
DBF was home for a glorious 3.5 day weekend. I managed to keep work to a minimum on Friday (worked while he caught up on sleep and F1) so we got to spend a fair amount of time together.
Friday night I went to the Feist concert, so he had a boys night with his buddy Mark. He ended up having car trouble though so wound up staying over at Mark's place because he didn't want to get stranded in the middle of the night. I got home from the concert and thought that he'd decided to drink and stay out...haha. So we sorta lost that night. He got home right after I got up on Saturday morning though (I was dressed and heading to Starbucks) so we got to go out for a greasy breaky which for some reason is one of our fave things to do...and something I rarely do when he's away (if ever).
We ran a few errands, then he brought me home while he went in search of a birthday day prezzie for me. I did some chores and read my book and that was about it, until the evening when we got dolled up for our dinner out (only chance for us to do my birthday dinner together).
We met up with Mark & Cosette, and our friends Brand & Collen who we haven't seen forever, and their friends whose names escape me right now, at Bish. Yum! Arron and I arrived early (you just never know how fast a cab is going to arrive at our place) so we sat at the bar for a cocktail until everyone arrived. I had this yummy raspberry vanilla martini that I wish I had written down. Dinner was really tasty and fun...with 8 people it's tough to really do a lot of good conversation, but we managed to get caught up a bit.
After dinner we were all supposed to meet up for drinks, but Brad & Colleen ended up calling it a night and their friends had gone home to relieve their babysitter, so the other four of us hit up the Shoe Shop because that's what we always do. Lots of chit-chat, drinks and fun. :)
(I only wish I had taken pictures!!! Boo me.)
Sunday morning we slept in, then went for a fast food lunch and picked up a video. Stopped at the grocery store for dinner fixings, but ended up picking up Chinese take-out later in the evening because it was a lazy day and I didn't feel like cooking. Spent most of the afternoon sitting next to DBF reading my book while he played Playstation. :) He picked up my prezzie while I was in the grocery store...an iPod dock for the stereo so I can have tunes for my girls party tomorrow (of course I have no idea how to hook it up!).
Then it was Monday again...and up at the crack of dawn I drove him back to the stupid ship.
Good news is that as soon as he got to work he found out they are coming home a week early...so Dec-5th instead of the 12th. I guess that's something!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear you had a fun night out to celebrate! Miss you!!!!!!
Post a Comment