Last night I was out for coffee with a few of the girls from my neighborhood. Lovely to get out of the house and have some chit-chat.
Fall is upon us I suppose, as indicated by Starbucks bringing back the everloving Pumpkin Spice Latte. I'm not ready for it to be Fall, but I'm certainly ready for one of my favorite seasonal drinks.
I ordered decaf (as I always do after about 5pm). The cashier wrote decaf on the cup. The barista said decaf when she called out the name and handed me my drink.
My groggy, achy, tired head begs to differ.
I stayed up late talking to Mom on the phone, then puttering around the house, then reading my book (Time Traveller's Wife...just so you know). It was after 2am when I turned out the light....but it was after 4am the last time I looked at the clock. And I wasn't even dozing....just tossing, turning and getting annoyed.
Then the sun came up and the neighbor's weiner dog went on a barking rampage at 7:30am when their daughter was leaving for school. Grrrrrrr. I tried to keep sleeping, but after that it was just an hour and a half of half-assed dozing.
Sleep is not my friend these days.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
BOo to the Barista!!!
I adore fall...I like it better than summer sometimes...though right now I do not like TWO degrees in the morning time...if I could have fall for about 3 months I would be a happy camper!! AND pumpkin spice lattes...I love those thins!
i love that book, by the way!
You can't get mad at a weiner dog! They're too cute!
Sucky :(. Hope you get a better sleep tonight!
Can't wait to read that book :). It's on my list!
Post a Comment