Thursday, March 5, 2009

Plow Follow Up

I guess I should clarify...

This wasn't just slightly annoying, this was downright the world is coming to an end and the entire neighborhood is awake loud. Beyond ridiculous. I'm not just complaining because I'm not used to Winter...this was a new low, even for around here. We've been here two full Winters now and haven't experienced this level of stupidity prior to this.

I will say that our sidewalk guy almost always comes in the middle of the night, but I generally overlook him because A) it's great that we don't have to shovel our own sidewalks B) he's a private contractor and it's impressive that he gets to us at all C) he is only in front of each house for about 2-4 minutes...not 20-30 (and even though I have thought he was loud, I will never think that again!).

As for the roadside issue....it's like I said...we are a totally residential neighborhood...there is absolutely nothing else here...only houses. It's not like people have to pass by here to get anywhere....it doesn't lead anywhere but into the subdivision. The road was more than wide enough....both lanes fully operational. Ya, it's a bit tight if folks are parked on the road, but it's not like it's a crazy high traffic area. Trust me, we'd all rather have a minor slowdown on the road in exchange for our night's sleep.

It just didn't make sense that this job was any kind of a priority that would require the 5 hour middle of the night ruckus.

For those of you that know HRM....what really got us was that there is a TON of snow and ice along the edges of Chebucto Road...so much so that it's actually blocking half a lane...on one of the highest traffic roads in town....but THAT has not been cleared yet!

If you can't vent about the city or the weather, what can you vent about?! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

There seriously is no excuse for that - you don't have to explain yourself!! Plowing is NOT quiet, and is NOT acceptable at 1 am, no matter what!!!

Funny story - in the fall, at 6 am on a Saturday morning (on a VERY hot saturday morning where you need the window open to cool things off) we hear 2 bobcats out front and both of us wake up (cranky!) wondering what asshole is doing that...APPARENTLY we had hired those assholes and they were choosing then to work on our lawn...OOPS!!! we weren't too popular that morning!!