Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Magical Elf" Neighbors

That's right. One of my neighbors is a lovely, fantastic "magical helper elf"!

Halifax had yet another nutty snowstorm yesterday. I shoveled twice and knew that it wouldn't be enough. The big plow hadn't shown up yet...and that thing always causes a grievous pile of HEAVY snow at the mouth of my driveway.

Sure enough, when I woke up this morning the pile was there. Generally not a big deal, but this storm turned to icy pellets last night and everything is extra heavy due to the freezing.

So I got some work done, had a coffee, then went downstairs to put on my shoveling clothes...but what do I see when I peak out the window? Some lovely person has scooped all the heavy stuff from the mouth of the driveway! Yaaaaieeeee!

Thank you magical helper elf neighbor!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

AW!!! I want a magical elf neighbor!!!!

Vanessa said...

That's so nice!

Mikey said...

Don't you have a husband or something to do all of that for you?

You could spend a bit more money on your car and get a plow added to it!

Jaime said...

FH has been home for a total of three shoveling sessions (I think...it might only be two) and we've had 8 major snowstorms (which require multiple shovelings) and a bunch of minor ones. So no, I don't have husband or something to do all of that!

(and seriously, I'd pay for help but there has never once been kids knocking on doors for this...)