(I seem to be sooo into the title alliteration these days!)
So, of course, it wouldn't be a vacation if I didn't get burnt. Especially since it was the first truly nice weather I got to enjoy. And especially because I was wearing a wide-strapped top that would leave stupid tanlines for the rest of the season. LOL.
Saturday I had hoped to go for a hike or at least a really good walk through one of the parks, but as I mentioned, a lot of people weren't available so it didn't work out. My buddy Mikey and I did spend a good portion of the day together though.
Tiffaney conveniently lived (I say lived because she actually moved while I was there!) across the street from my favorite Starbucks, so Mikey and I met there for some iced coffee and catch-up time. Some kids were selling Krispy Kreme donuts outside so Mikey bought a box... you know "to support the kids". haha. Glad he bought them, cuz I only ate two...instead of me buying them and eating the whole box. I don't know what it is about Krispy Kremes, but they are so damn fresh and tasty!
We sat outside for probably an hour and a half so I knew that I was probably starting to get pink. After that, we wandered downtown to meet his girlfriend while she was on her lunch break...and then went down to the waterfront to get fish tacones (yes, more fish tacos...these ones with Ahi Tuna from Red Fish/Blue Fish...and they were the best!). While we sat on the pier eating, I knew that I was already burnt. My poor shoulders. Every. Freaking. Year.
After we walked his girlfriend back to work, Mikey had to head home and run some errands. I opted to stay downtown...first stop was to the drug store for sunscreen. :) Of course, after stopping in the mall to use the bathroom and put on the sunscreen, I ended up shopping and didn't really need the sunscreen after all. A lovely trip to Jacob, sent me out happy with two new t-shirts, a cute button down (in size small!) and a new skirt.
The sun had gone low enough when I came out to make it comfortable walking around...so I got another iced coffee and just wandered. I stopped into a store just to look around and finally found a pair of trouser jeans that fit perfectly. Murphy's Law: I tried on about 25 pair of those things here in Halifax, and one step into a Victoria store and the 2nd pair I tried was the winner!
Tiffaney had spent the day moving a few loads to her new condo and getting some running around done with her Dad. She wasn't quite done when I was ready to call it a day from downtown so I just went back to her place with a snack and read my book for a while. Good to get off my feet and just enjoy the silence. Later, Tiff's Dad and stepmom decided to get some Chinese food for the inaugural meal in her new place, so they invited me to join them out on her deck in the warm breeze with the pretty view. Lovely. We then spent the night in the new place...so fun to be there for such a big event for Tiff. Hello homeowner! (oh and when she saw my sunburn, she made me put on Solarcane...yup, that red!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm queen of horrible sunburns. And I always manage to get a really aquward one (like a farmer's tan) right before I have to go to someone's wedding :(
Aw, Danny is the SAME way!!! He gets sunburnt EVERY year (last year he got one while rollerblading wearing a wifebeater...he made me promise not to get mad at him before he would show me...) I am the queen of sunblock...hence the pasty pale skin (YEAR ROUND!)
You're a smart girl Jen, you'll be thankful when you're older that you're the queen of the sunblock. When all your friends have wrinkles and leathery skin you'll have nice smooth, wrinkle-free (except for some small laugh lines) skin!!!
Post a Comment